Vehicle Safety Controller
Industrial Wireless Safety Device
The Vehicle Safety Controller (VSC) is a wireless industrial safety device for autonomous systems, mobile heavy equipment, and fixed machine systems. As the core of HRI’s wireless safety system, the VSC can function as a safety receiver, wireless E-Stop system, CAN bus bridge, and more. For applications where wired connections are expensive, dangerous, or impractical, the VSC provides a safe and reliable industrial wireless solution.
Wireless E-Stop Bridge: Safely bridges one or more fixed mounted E-Stop buttons, door switches, or other safety switch devices into the wireless safety network. Provides an electrical safety loop circuit with diagnostics to integrate these devices.
E-Stop Integration: Easily integrates with existing safety systems via a dual channel dry contact safety circuit. It looks like a standard E-stop button on your system.
Wireless CAN Bridge: Creates a wireless link between CAN networks, including networks with different bitrates. Supports any CAN bus standard including CANOpen and J1939. More details here.
SafetySense® Wireless Communication:
- Frequency bands include 900 MHz (2+ km LOS range) and 2.4 GHz (500+ m LOS range)
- Other frequency bands available
- Encryption available upon request
- CAN J1939, RS-232, and USB support for flexible system integration options
- USB interface for programming and configuration
- Designed to meet ISO 13849 Category 3 Performance Level d
- Second generation SafetySense® architecture for high reliability, no single point of failure safety implementation
- Dual wired emergency stop loop with active diagnostics
- Master enable relays for E-stop circuit integration or direct load control
- Internal Master enable fault detection
- IP66 (NEMA 4X) rated enclosure
- Enclosure size: 5.9”x3.2”x2.3”
- Embedded versions also available
- 9 VDC to 36 VDC power input
- -40℃ to 70℃ operation
- Multiple Connector Options
- Ecomate RM for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, Sealed Mini-USB AB, and RP-SMA antenna connector
- MIL-DTL-38999 19 pin for Power, Estop I/O, RS232, and CAN interfaces, MIL-DTL-38999 6 pin for USB, and RP-SMA antenna connector
- Safety inputs from SRC, WES, or VSC bridge devices integrate over dual channel electrical safety circuit
- Standard control elements and optional status information integrate over digital interface
- Easy to use software tool for system configuration
- Sample applications available to help accelerate software development